[Snort-users] problem logging to a mysql database under OpenBSD 2.7 - sort of

Roman Danyliw roman at ...438...
Wed Nov 1 09:29:29 EST 2000

Andy,

I think this problem may still be related to MySQL not PHP.  In order to
build MySQL support into PHP (a prerequisite for ACID), the mysqlclient
library must be linked into the libphp4.so.  This is the same library that
is used by Snort to provide MySQL functionlity.  Therefore, I reason that
if there were linking dependencies in Snort, it follows that they may
also arise in PHP. Check the Makefile used to build PHP and confirm
whether the math library was linked (-lm).  If it was not, try manually
insert it and rebuilding PHP.

cheers,
Roman