[Snort-users] SnortSnarf Problem

James Hoagland hoagland at ...47...
Tue Jul 25 14:54:26 EDT 2000

At 10:27 PM -0500 7/24/00, Kevin wrote:
>I just got around to installing snortsnarf on the new box and it's
>having a link problem. The links to the packet dumps are either
>truncated and/or all uppercase. Both cause the links to fail. Has anyone
>had this problem before? I've run previous versions of snortsnarf with
>no problems. I'm running OpenBSD 2.7, the latest version of snortsnarf
>and Apache.
>
>Thanks,
>Kevin

Hmm... Can you send me some examples (including the packet that
causes the bad link)?  hoagland at ...154...  If I can find
the problem, I'll put out a maintenance release.  And, is this
happening for all the log links or just some?

A couple random thoughts that don't necessarily match your symptoms.
All upper case file names are the correct for ICMP logs.  At present
SnortSnarf assumes that you are logging to the default location
(e.g., that you are not using "logto") and that you have given it the
same homenet that you ran snort with.

Hope this message makes sense.  Just got back from the dentist and a
root canal.

Regards,

   Jim
|*  Voice: (707) 445-4355 x13          Fax: (707) 826-7571  *|