[Snort-users] Snort on DHCP?

Martin Roesch roesch at ...1...
Sun Jul 23 23:50:11 EDT 2000

Yes, you can use it that way.  There's a script from Sten Kalenda called
address_config.sh in the contrib directory of the distro that allows you to
rapidly/automatically reconfigure the network interface address in the rules
file based on your IP address, you might consider using that as well.

    -Marty

Larry Yeung wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Could I use Snort on a host having DHCP connection?
> Is that just a step to use the any_rules other that the formal one?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Regards,
> Larry

Martin Roesch                      <roesch at ...2...>
Core R&D                         http://www.hiverworld.com
Hiverworld, Inc.       Continuous Adaptive Risk Management