[Snort-users] Problem with version 1.6.2.2 and above...

Thayne Allen thayne_a at ...125...
Thu Jul 20 19:20:19 EDT 2000

I was just wondering if anyone else was having this problem:

Whenever I run Snort ver. 1.6.2.2 or 1.6.3-Beta6 on my RedHat box, I start
getting a plethora of IDS162 - PING Nmap2.36BETA alerts coming from many
different IP's, going to various IP's on my network.  Whenever I run 1.6
using the exact same ruleset, I don't get these alerts at all.  Is this a
bug in 1.6.2.2 and above?  Anyone else have this problem or know a fix?
Thanks,

fellow snortster