whitehats.com (was RE: [Snort-users] Description Database for all these attacks?)

David Khoury dkhoury at ...58...
Wed Jul 19 23:19:36 EDT 2000

> arachNIDS contains several entries regarding this vulnerability:
>
> http://dev.whitehats.com/IDS/177 (netbios-name-query, Max Vision)
> http://dev.whitehats.com/IDS/204 (NT NULL session, Ian Vitek)

 Excellent!  This explains things wonderfully.  Thanks for the links.

> >  It would be worth setting one up on the Snort web page specifically for
> > snort stuff.  I'd be willing to volunteer setting it up and entering in
> > details.
> >
> Cool!  Please check out the submission form at:
> http://dev.whitehats.com/ids/submit.html

 I have to admit, I'm impressed with this database.  Not all of the rules in
snort have an associated IDS number, though.  I don't know if this is
because it doesn't exist in the IDS, or because the association hasn't been
made yet.  Looks like this is something that can be worked on.

 dave