[Snort-users] snort 1.6.2.2 and snort.alert file

Martin Roesch roesch at ...1...
Tue Jul 18 12:07:27 EDT 2000

Please try the latest beta at
http://host22-107.prestige.net/snort-1.6.3-beta5.tar.gz.  It should behave the
way you're used to...

    --Marty

stevenma at ...27... wrote:

> I just upgraded to the 1.6.2.2 version of snort on OpenBSD 2.6.  My
> question is, what do I have to put in the snort-lib file to make it log
> the "old" way, which simply created a "snort.alert" file.  It doesn't seem
> to do this anymore, and I see in the newly provided snort-lib it shows how
> to output binary tcpdump format, and to some SQL DB's, but not the
> standard ASCII file snort.alert.  Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Matt

Martin Roesch                      <roesch at ...2...>
Core R&D                         http://www.hiverworld.com
Hiverworld, Inc.       Continuous Adaptive Risk Management