[Snort-users] snort 1.6.2.2 and snort.alert file

stevenma at ...27... stevenma at ...27...
Tue Jul 18 11:16:01 EDT 2000

I just upgraded to the 1.6.2.2 version of snort on OpenBSD 2.6.  My
question is, what do I have to put in the snort-lib file to make it log
the "old" way, which simply created a "snort.alert" file.  It doesn't seem
to do this anymore, and I see in the newly provided snort-lib it shows how
to output binary tcpdump format, and to some SQL DB's, but not the
standard ASCII file snort.alert.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Matt