[Snort-users] SYNFIN Scan?

Mark E. Drummond mark.drummond at ...23...
Tue Jul 18 09:20:18 EDT 2000

What the heck is a SYNFIN scan? I am familiar with SYN scans, FIN scans,
NULL, Xmas .... but SYNFIN? Is there any particular purpose to this type
of scan? Is it just single packets with both SYN  & FIN flag set or is
it sending aSYN packet followed by a FIN? I recently had someone using
SYNFIN's against my net (or at least snort reported SYNFIN's) while
looking for vulnerable wuftpd's.

--
Mark Drummond|ICQ#19153754|mailto:mark.drummond at ...23...
UNIX System Administrator|Royal Military College of Canada

Please excuse me if I am terse. I answer dozens of emails every day.