[Snort-users] Snort-1.6.3-beta5 available

Martin Roesch roesch at ...1...
Tue Jul 18 02:22:10 EDT 2000

Ok, I think this is the one that'll end up being released as version 1.6.3.
Anyone still using 1.6.2.2 should try this version, it's much more stable and
has been tested for stability on a number of platforms.  Since beta4, I've
fixed the icmp duplicate header problems people using flexresp were seeing,
plus I added Dave Dittrich's patch for daemon mode alert file naming.  I also
activated ARP packet decoding full time for Ethernet networks, but you still
need to use the -a switch to get the headers to dump out.

You can get the tarball for this version from my home system at
http://host22-107.prestige.net, here's the direct link to it:

http://host22-107.prestige.net/snort-1.6.3-beta5.tar.gz

Try it out and let me know how it goes!

     -Marty

--
Martin Roesch                      <roesch at ...2...>
Core R&D                         http://www.hiverworld.com