[Snort-users] The Snort mailing list has moved!

Martin Roesch roesch at ...1...
Mon Jul 17 23:47:08 EDT 2000

[For the record, this message is mostly a repost of the message that was sent
out on the 15th when I got this list and the initial set of users set up.  For
those of you who have already seen it, I apologize for the senseless waste of
perfectly good electrons.] ;)

So, in the last two months we`ve lost and resurrected the Snort web site, done
a series of botched releases (1.6.1-1.6.2.2), and now the listserver goes bye
bye.  Damn, it`s almost like someone out there doesn`t like us... :)

The reason you`re receiving this e-mail is because the old (kyrnet.kg) mailing
list has finally been resurrected long enough for me to extract the user lists
and resubscribe everyone to the *new* list server at SourceForge.  If you
don't want to be here anymore, follow the instructions sent out with your
subscription notice and unsubscribe.  If you're expecting to be in "digest
mode", follow the link included with your subscription notification and change
your user config at the SourceForge site.  If you have any difficulty
administering your account, let me know and I'll help you out.

The bofh.kyrnet.kg machine is experiencing some technical difficulties (like
the power is apparently out for a few days) and I`ve decided to carpe diem and
stand up a new one at a (ostensibly) better site, SourceForge.  In case you`re
wondering, SourceForge is a site run by the VA Linux folks that gives open
source projects a home, including web space, message boards, a bug ticket
system, CVS, etc, all for free.  (which is pretty damn cool...)

I`ve decided to move most of Snort`s public operations (except for the web
site) there for the forseeable future.  It`s a good neutral site, they seem to
maintain it well, and it lets me administer everything without having to
coordinate with half a dozen people.

For the record, we should all give Fyodor Yarochkin (CyberPsychotic) a hearty
"well done" for the service he rendered to us all by setting up and
maintaining the original Snort mailing list.  I for one greatly appreciate his
efforts and his help!

Ok, more news to follow, stay tuned!

     -Marty

--
Martin Roesch                      <roesch at ...2...>
Core R&D                         http://www.hiverworld.com