[Snort-users] Newbie need help

O - O blaqlabel at ...125...
Mon Aug 28 10:59:09 EDT 2000

hello everyone!

i finally got around downloading snort. its great! ..except i really don't
knw how to use it. ;P ok i understand you have to right rules?! right
right..so umm..i read the snort FAQ, Writign Sornt Rules and stuff. but can
someone please help me get it running. I did "snort -A" heh..and well..i
guess i gotta pass parameters for the rules? eh? i dunno. you can point me
to a newbie guide to snort or something like that. that'd be great!

thank you