[Snort-users] snort "alert" file is not shown...

Sean C Doherty seand at ...232...
Wed Aug 23 11:19:49 EDT 2000

Hi,

I ran into a similar problem.  It appears that snort 1.6.3 acts differently
than earlier versions when writing the log file.  The older versions opened,
wrote and then closed the log file on each alert, while 1.6.3 appears to
open the file when run/started, then it keeps it open.  (Older version did
this when using the -A FAST option) This can cause sharing violations etc
when doing "stuff" to the log file.

Sean D