[Snort-users] Snort Crashing

Dragos Ruiu dr at ...50...
Tue Aug 22 21:28:33 EDT 2000

On Tue, 22 Aug 2000, Igor Gashinsky wrote:
> Dr,
>
> 	I patched the sp_tcp_seq_check.c with the one from the CVS version, and
> that did not help. when I pulled down the entire CVS source tree, the
> spp_portscan.c does not compile in 1.7-beta0 ;(

If you want to send me the core file from 1.6.3.-2 I'll try to take a look at
it.  Have you isolated the traffic that makes it crash at all? Is it as
specific packet?  I run an RH6.2 with a bastardized 1.6.3 here and
it seems to work ok, not that that helps you much.  I've got some
RH boxen to test this on if you can help me replicate it.

cheers,
--dr

--
dursec.com ltd. / kyx.net - we're from the future
pgp fingerprint: 18C7 E37C 2F94 E251 F18E  B7DC 2B71 A73E D2E8 A56D