[Snort-users] large numbers of ICMP messages and log analysis

Ralf Hildebrandt Ralf.Hildebrandt at ...22...
Tue Aug 22 03:21:56 EDT 2000

On Mon, Aug 21, 2000 at 09:18:39 -0700, James Hoagland wrote:

> We've looked into lowering its memory consumption, but nothing seemed
> promising and easy.  So we just decided to let virtual memory handle
> it.  We welcome suggestions though.

One could "ulimit" the invocation of snortsnarf.pl (memory consumption) and
thus prevent the machine from crashing.

--
ralf.hildebrandt at ...22...
Dipl.-Informatiker                                       innominate AG