[Snort-users] snort seems to mysteriously crash

Erv Walter erv at ...353...
Sun Aug 20 11:28:09 EDT 2000

Hi.

I'm using snort-1.6.3-3 (debian package), and snort works great as I have it
configured, but mysteriously dies after some unknown amount of time (no
sysllog messages or anything).  I'm doing some non-daemon mode tests now to
see if I can tell when and why it dies, but I was wondering if anyone else
had seen this behavior.  Basically, I log back on a day or two later, and
it's gone.  I can always setup a script that keeps restarting it when it
dies, but if this is a known (and fixable) problem, I'd like to do the
correct fix instead.

Thanks,
Erv