[Snort-users] Where is the IAP draft

Fyodor fygrave at ...121...
Sat Aug 19 06:18:44 EDT 2000

~ :
~ :Recently I was playing with the snortnet program
~ :(it is included in the snort contribution package)
~ :I was looking for the IAP draft at
~ :http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gupta-idef-iap-01.txt
~ :but....
~ :

http://www.silicondefense.com/idwg/idwg.htm

There were actually certain changes introduced in the protocol at recent
IDWG meetings in Pitsburg, as Jed told me, but I didn't attend'em
personally nor had time to check out the summary of the meetings yet. I
will update the IAP code (there are still a few things to be
implemented) once we sort out things with snort to get it running with new
directory structure and complete all the TODO items.

If you have any questions regarding the code however, feel free to ask ;-)

~ :Where can I find this draft?
~ :Is The Internet Alarm Protocol still in developement?

 Internet Alert Protocol. yes, I think so. I heard that an RFC was going
to be issued by the end of august, but I am not really aware of the
administrative details of this matter (anyone?) so..