[Snort-users] Question to Snortsnarf users

Stuart Staniford stuart at ...155...
Wed Aug 16 00:17:40 EDT 2000

I wrote:

> We (Silicon Defense) developed Snortsnarf under government (DARPA) research
> funding to become a transition vehicle for some of our other research
> efforts.  (We'll be releasing the first of these, an anomaly detection
> plugin for snort which will also integrate to Snortsnarf, in the next few
> weeks).  In justifying our existence to the government, not to mention our
> use of tax dollars, it's helpful to us to have information from folks who
> are using Snortsnarf.
>
> So if you use it, it would be great if you could drop me a few lines saying

Thanks to everyone who responded.  I got some awsome quotes for our
incremental justification report, and it feels really good to have that
kind of support.  I'm delighted people are getting such good value from the
tool.  Expect to see more great stuff from us Real Soon Now.

Stuart.

--
Stuart Staniford  ---  President  ---  Silicon Defense
                   stuart at ...155...