[Snort-users] error messages on fbsd 4.1 (garbage packets, free() bugs?)

Fyodor fygrave at ...121...
Tue Aug 15 12:56:32 EDT 2000

~ :   -*> Snort! <*-
~ :   Version 1.6.3
~ :   By Martin Roesch (roesch at ...66..., www.snort.org)
~ :   Garbage Packet with Null Pointer discarded!
~ :   Garbage Packet with Null Pointer discarded!
~ :   Garbage Packet with Null Pointer discarded!
~ :   ^C

 gee.. this should go into `FAQ' or should we hold `frequently confusing
error messages' section :)

`Garbage Packet with Null Pointer discarded' refers to our defragmentation
plugin. We still consider it to be beta. If you want, you can turn it off
by commenting out `defrag:' line in rules file. If you do so however, you
would not be able to monitor fragmented traffic that floats over your
network.