[Snort-users] Question to Snortsnarf users

Stuart Staniford stuart at ...155...
Mon Aug 14 14:15:50 EDT 2000

This is for those of you that use Snortsnarf.

(http://www.silicondefense.com/snortsnarf/ for those who haven't discovered
it yet).

We (Silicon Defense) developed Snortsnarf under government (DARPA) research
funding to become a transition vehicle for some of our other research
efforts.  (We'll be releasing the first of these, an anomaly detection
plugin for snort which will also integrate to Snortsnarf, in the next few
weeks).  In justifying our existence to the government, not to mention our
use of tax dollars, it's helpful to us to have information from folks who
are using Snortsnarf.

So if you use it, it would be great if you could drop me a few lines saying

1) Who you are and who you work for

2) What you use Snortsnarf for

3) How useful you've found it.

A short answer immediately will help us more than a long answer later.

Thanks!

Stuart.

--
Stuart Staniford  ---  President  ---  Silicon Defense
                   stuart at ...155...