[Snort-users] Snort/Linux Crashes

Dragos Ruiu dr at ...50...
Fri Aug 11 23:11:05 EDT 2000

On Fri, 11 Aug 2000, you wrote:
> I have recently installed Snort v1.6 on a Linux Red Hat 6.1 machine.  This box has 16 MB of RAM with 32 MB of Swap disk space.
> About less than 24 hours after I installed Snort the system crashed.  Now anytime I restart the Linux box it stays up for a few minutes and then crashes again.
> Any ideas?

I would suspect some other issue besides the snort installation is at work here.
You'll have to provide more detail on the crashes if you want assistance though.
How does it crash.  What does /var/log/messages say?

cheers,
--dr

--
dursec.com ltd. / kyx.net - we're from the future    http://www.dursec.com