[Snort-users] Snort Performance Issues

Joe Magee me at ...297...
Thu Aug 10 13:14:14 EDT 2000

Hello all, I'm working with my ISP on a security project. Where currently looking to use snort to sniff all incoming traffic, However The pipline were trying to monitor is an OC3, I figured that one snort box wouldn't be able to monitor all this traffic so I figured that I might be able to mirror off of our incoming switch to a load balancing switch to connect to multiple snort boxes. How much Data (Kb, Mb,etc) per second can snort handle without dropping packets?

Thanks!

Joe Mac