[Snort-users] Protocol Names -- always upper case?

Fyodor fygrave at ...121...
Thu Aug 10 11:42:31 EDT 2000

~ :
~ :The reason I ask is that at present SnortSnarf assumes the protocol
~ :name is in upper case for the purposes of generating a link to a log
~ :file and in a few other places.  This is causing problems for at
~ :least one person.
~ :
~ :Is it a valid assumption that the protocol name should be upper case?
~ :Or should I hack SnortSnarf to handle both cases?  (I think you can
~ :guess my preference :) .)
~ :

It was actually me who introduced InitProtoNames (and replaced hardcoded
names with it). Sorry i didn't think upper/lower case names could cause
any problems, I will fix it in CVS within next few days. Thanks for
pointing out :)