[Snort-users] 1.6.3 install on Mandrake 7

Ross O'Brien ross at ...295...
Thu Aug 10 07:55:14 EDT 2000

It means you dont have a compiler in your $PATH. Either
1) install a comiler if you dont have one
2) Make sure the compiler is in your path

You may also find it handy to install automake, autoconf
and make while you are at it  ;]

These can all be downloaded from ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/

Or of course you could always go install an rpm if you
dont want all that extra software on your machine.

.ross

Bayne wrote:

> Hello
>
> While trying to install/upgrade to 1.6.3 on Mandrake 7 I recieved this after
> entering "./configure":

> checking for a BSD compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
> checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... no
> checking for working aclocal... missing
> checking for working autoconf... missing
> checking for working automake... missing
> checking for working autoheader... missing
> checking for working makeinfo... missing
> checking for gcc... no
> checking for cc... no
> configure: error: no acceptable cc found in $PATH
>
> Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks
>
> James

| Ross O'Brien                                   ross at ...295... |
| Dataway                                  http://www.dataway.com |
| PGP Key ID:                                          0x45C17CF6 |
|      "Turn on something, quick, I'm starting to think!!"        |
|                                  -homer simpson                 |