[Snort-users] secure server push of snort rules

Tom Whipp twhipp at ...63...
Tue Aug 8 07:50:14 EDT 2000

when talking about configuration file distribution for a platform monitoring
tool (Spong) it was suggested that it NOT be incorporated within the
application.

Instead why not use  rsync (possibly over ssh) to keep files updated and
then HUP snort if any changes are uploaded?  From what I understand clients
could poll the main server every minute without any real impact on load or
do you want real-time updates?

just a thought

	Tom