[Snort-users] Re: snort crash ...

Fyodor fygrave at ...121...
Wed Aug 2 14:27:23 EDT 2000

~ :
~ :Just some information,
~ :Snort crashes when using the spp_defrag that comes with snort-1.6.3 (just
~ :like reported by Fabio) but with spp_defrag beta17 it does not crash
~ :anymore. Well, not for me anyway.
~ :I'm currently using snort 1.6.3 with Martin's #ifdef patch and spp_defrag
~ :beta17 and I've been flooding it serveral hours with all kinds of strange
~ :packets and it seems uncrashable, even when using the defrag preprocessor.
~ :

 Seems that Dragos' recent improvements fixed the problem then. Thanks for
your feedback :-)

regards,
 Fyodor