[Snort-users] How to use -A unsock option

Sean C Doherty seand at ...232...
Tue Aug 1 21:24:43 EDT 2000

Hi, I am a new user of snort (on Win98) and am amazed and delighted with its
versatility and power. It truly is "Lightweight" when it comes to resources
needed to run, but it sure is a heavyweight when it comes to utility! (I
have had up to three instances running with different rule sets (1133 rules
each) at one time, and maximum cpu resources consumed was less then 18%)

I have searched on the wwww for a few hours now for help on using the "-A
unsock" option but cannot find any reference to how to determine/set  the
socket or address of the listener application.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

SeanD