[Snort-users] Using the -h switch (HOME_NET on command line).

Mullen, Patrick Patrick.Mullen at ...24...
Tue Aug 1 14:52:26 EDT 2000

> My question is, does this OVERRIDE the $HOME_NET variable in
> the ruleset?

-h is used mostly (entirely?) for determining the directory
structure of packet log files.  HOME_NET is what is used
for the actual alerts.  There are scripts available for
dynamic IP snorters.  I think what it essentially does is
set HOME_NET inside the file before starting up snort.

The script should be able to be found on the website.

~Patrick