[Snort-users] NOTICE: _PATH_VARRUN is unavailable

Olaf Schreck chakl at ...931...
Wed Dec 31 19:30:04 EST 1969

Hi,

> What is snort looking for?
> Dec  5 18:34:37 docdata2 snort: [?] NOTICE: _PATH_VARRUN is unavailable! => Logging Snort PID to log directory (/log)

Running Solaris?  Solaris does not #define _PATH_VARRUN "/var/run",
unlike BSDs and Linux.

Snort is looking for a hint where to put the PID file.

ciao,
chakl
--
Olaf Schreck	chakl at ...931...	Syscall() Network Solutions, Berlin
                "We reject kings, presidents, and voting;