[Snort-sigs] Snort-sigs Digest

wkitty42 at windstream.net wkitty42 at windstream.net
Fri May 31 15:25:06 EDT 2019

On 5/30/19 10:59 AM, konstantinos dimos via Snort-sigs wrote:
> Hi I am new to snort and I need to ask the following. I have a pc with three
> NIC cards.One for WAN one for LAN and one for DMZ. I need to install pfsense
> with snort installed. How do I configure snort to listen to the three
> interfaces?

pfsense should handle the snort configuration... if they configure it to listen
on more than one interface, then it should be fairly easy to do... snort should
be part of the pfsense package if they offer it as one of the monitoring
services... you'll be looking to pfsense support for more information on this...
especially if they are bundling snort with pfsense...

FWIW: unless something has changed in recent times, you'll have three separate
snort instances running, one for each interface... each one will have a specific
ID associated with it to keep the alerts separated...