[Snort-sigs] Incorrect md5 for latest rules

Joel Esler (jesler) jesler at cisco.com
Fri Feb 22 10:27:30 EST 2019

Emil (and others who wrote me privately),

This has been resolved.  Thanks!

--
Joel Esler
Manager, Communities Division

From: Snort-sigs <snort-sigs-bounces at lists.snort.org> on behalf of "Pettersson, Emil" <emil.pettersson at sovos.com>
Date: Friday, February 22, 2019 at 4:56 AM
To: "snort-sigs at lists.snort.org" <snort-sigs at lists.snort.org>
Subject: [Snort-sigs] Incorrect md5 for latest rules

Hi all,

Regarding most recent update (2018-02-21), contents of md5 for the latest snort rules update at snort dot org for us is just:
["File not found by name 'snortrules-snapshot-29111.tar.gz'"]

We’re able to download the actual rules without issues however since md5 checksum is bad deployment to firewalls fails.

Is anyone else having this issue with latest md5?
- This message and any attachments thereto contain information that may be privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure and is the property of Sovos Compliance, LLC. It is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message, any attachments thereto or any part thereof. If you receive this message in error, please delete all copies of this message and attachments. Sovos Compliance, LLC. has implemented anti-virus software on its computers and servers, however, it is the recipient's own responsibility to ensure that all attachments are scanned for viruses prior to usage.