[Snort-sigs] Can Snort detect a download file from internet?

Al Lewis (allewi) allewi at cisco.com
Mon May 21 20:51:45 EDT 2018

Yes. See the README.file in the docs directory.

Albert Lewis
ENGINEER.SOFTWARE ENGINEERING
Cisco Systems Inc.
Email: allewi at cisco.com<mailto:allewi at cisco.com>

From: Snort-sigs <snort-sigs-bounces at lists.snort.org> on behalf of Hào Tài via Snort-sigs <snort-sigs at lists.snort.org>
Date: Monday, May 21, 2018 at 8:50 PM
To: "snort-sigs at lists.snort.org" <snort-sigs at lists.snort.org>
Subject: Re: [Snort-sigs] Can Snort detect a download file from internet?

Can everyone help me to confirm this point: " Can the Snort detect a file from the internet" ?
If yes , how do we config the Snort the get the content file?

On Sun, May 20, 2018 at 3:23 PM, Hào Tài <haotai1803 at gmail.com<mailto:haotai1803 at gmail.com>> wrote:
Hello everyone,

I am a newbie about Snort. I try to write the snort rule to catch a download JPG file from internet. Here is my rule:

>> alert tcp any any <> $HOME_NET any (msg:"JPEG"; content:"|FF D8 FF E0|"; sid:1000001)

But it does not work. Do I missing somethings or do I need to config somethings for Snort?
Can everybody help me to find out the problem? Thank you.

Regards,
Tai Ly