[Snort-sigs] backdoored ssh-decorator package

Phillip Lee phillile at sourcefire.com
Thu May 10 11:38:20 EDT 2018

Hi Yaser,
After reviewing the rule, we have decided not to add it to the community ruleset.  Their are two reasons:
1. The pip package in question has been taken down
2. The rule content would likely result in FPs due to generic use of parameters seen in other applications. Your general rule is OK (other than using ‘index.php’ as a fast_pattern - would enter way too often), its just that with those parameters, its not something unique to only the ssh-decorator package.

We sincerely appreciate your contribution.

Regards,
Phil Lee
Cisco Talos