[Snort-sigs] Flowbit Warnings

Gerry Carpinetti carpinetti.gerry at outlook.com
Wed Jun 13 12:44:53 EDT 2018

I did some reading on flowbit warnings and how to fix them but after the changes I still receive the warnings. I used Notepad++ to open a rules file, than used Search -> Find In Files "selected the C:\Snort\rules folder than entered "flowbits:set" into the Find What box, I replaced all flowbits:set to flowbits:isset..

No matter which .rules file I open and search for flowbits:set has been replaced with isset but yet I still get the WARNING: flowbits key 'file.cur' is checked but not ever set, as an example. Even if I do a direct search within the file-indentify.rules for flowbits:set none exist.

Does this warning have to do with the flowbits:isnotset??