[Snort-sigs] Error with snort rule files

Joel Esler (jesler) jesler at cisco.com
Mon Nov 20 08:52:19 EST 2017

Typically, your -c will point to your snort.conf, and your snort.conf should be configured to point to your .rules file.

The error here shows that your .rules do not have EXTERNAL_NET defined.  Which is contained in the snort.conf file.

--
Joel Esler | Talos: Manager | jesler at cisco.com<mailto:jesler at cisco.com>