[Snort-sigs] Snort Rule Creation

John G drterdnugget at ...2420...
Tue Jan 31 18:57:55 EST 2017

Thanks for the help.  So i created a rule similar to that.  Wouldn't this
rule fire if the source ip address on any port communicates with those
destination addresses?  Attached is a screenshot of the rule I created.
However, the rule that i created will fire if it sees traffic on ports
80/443 from the one source address to 8 destination addresses on the same
ports.  What i want however is to alert if there is traffic outside of
those destinations.  Meaning, if source ip1 does connect with anything
outside of the 8 destination addresses, then alert.

alert tcp $SOURCEIP any -> ![destip1, destip2, destip3] any
(msg:”Unauthorized TCP traffic initiated”; flags:S; sid:1000000; rev:1;)