[Snort-sigs] Packet Performance Monitor

Mike Cox mike.cox52 at ...2420...
Thu Sep 22 10:59:08 EDT 2016

I've been messing around with the Packet Performance Monitor (PPM)
preprocessor and it seem like a nice capability of Snort.

However, when I configure it to suspend/disable expensive rules once the
thresholds are reached, how do I know which rule was suspended?  I see it
generates the GID 134 alert along with the packet it was considering at the
time but I need to be able to know what rule was suspended so I can:

1) account for and correlate the coverage gap (if necessary)
2) tune the rule

Thanks!

Mike Cox