[Snort-sigs] Security Ruleset - CVSS Level

Vaughn A. Hart vaughn at ...4126...
Sat Jan 9 20:04:33 EST 2016

Hi Folks,

I am confused about the security ruleset setting in Snort. I am using a
third party vendor (Cisco Meraki) and it seems that they haven't released a
Security/Snort ruleset update to their MX security appliances because there
have been no matching snort signature releases that match the Security
Ruleset CVSS criteria. This seems confusing to me as there have been
Microsoft, Adobe and Apple snort signatures since the 4th of December 2015,
that are a CVSS of 6 and higher. Or am I mistaken?

If anyone is running the Security Ruleset in Snort (standalone), have you
gotten an update? and can someone explain this to me, because what I see
from US-Cert and the Talos releases seems to indicate that there should be
an update.

Thanks!

--

-V