[Snort-sigs] question

Hummert, Austin Austin.Hummert at ...4086...
Tue Oct 27 15:07:57 EDT 2015

Hello all,

I have a question on a rule that's been firing in my environment.

OS-WINDOWS TRUFFLEHUNTER TALOS-2015-0005 attack attempt (3:36222)

I understand the concept of trufflehunter rules, but I'm wondering how other people are handling these. The packets triggering this rule appear to be legitimate outbound traffic, and the destination does not appear to be blacklisted in any way. The problem is I don't know exactly what the rule is looking for so it makes it difficult to verify the traffic itself.

Any thoughts on trufflehunter?

Thanks,

Austin

Confidentiality Notice:
This message may contain confidential or privileged information, or information that is otherwise exempt from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you should promptly delete it and should not disclose, copy or distribute it to others.