[Snort-sigs] ftp rules

Adam Ring adam.ring at ...4074...
Thu Oct 22 11:42:40 EDT 2015

Yea I just found out about the protocol-ftp rules.  Thanks.

From: Joel Esler (jesler) [mailto:jesler at ...3865...]
Sent: Thursday, October 22, 2015 11:42 AM
To: Adam Ring
Cc: snort-sigs at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Snort-sigs] ftp rules

Take a look at protocol-ftp.rules

--
Joel Esler
Manager, Talos Group

On Oct 22, 2015, at 8:55 AM, Adam Ring <adam.ring at ...4074...<mailto:adam.ring at ...4072...>> wrote:

Hi I am new to snort and was trying to create an ftp rule.  I have downloaded the rules from the website, but in the ftp file there aren’t any rules in there.  I was wondering if that was supposed to be empty and if it is, is there a place where I can go to find some examples of ftp rules?

Adam Ring
IT Help Desk Techniction
Office 703.677.9540

AOC Solutions<http://www.aocsolutions.com/> | Solutions That Pay®

Blog<http://www.aocsolutions.com/blog> | Video<http://www.aocsolutions.com/ap-payment-automation-video> | LinkedIn<https://www.linkedin.com/company/139025?trk=tyah&trkInfo=clickedVertical%3Acompany%2Cidx%3A1-1-1%2CtarId%3A1436380782168%2Ctas%3Aaoc%20solutions>

<image001.png><http://www.aocsolutions.com/about-aoc/aoc-in-the-news/aoc-named-top-workplace-by-washington-post>

This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged

information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender

immediately by return e-mail, delete this e-mail and attachments (if applicable)

and destroy any copies. Any dissemination or use of this information by a person

other than the intended recipient is unauthorized and strictly prohibited. You

may be subject to confidentiality restrictions in an existing contract with AOC

Solutions, Inc. As a result, you must protect the contents of this communication

according to such terms and conditions.

Please visit http://blog.snort.org<http://blog.snort.org/> for the latest news about Snort!