[Snort-sigs] RES: RES: Rules

waldo kitty wkitty42 at ...3507...
Thu Feb 12 19:17:09 EST 2015

On 2/12/2015 8:28 AM, Fabio Machado Sanches wrote:
> Joel Esler,
>
> Is it true this information as below.
>
> we are in this version mentioned in the first print?
>
> The last two digit informing of the current version rules?

clarification: there is no "version of the rules"... the rules are updated
singularly as they were written... each rule should have a "revision" number in
it but that doesn't mean that it is the latest and there's no catalog of all the
rules in the world detailing their current revision...

you have the snort engine and then many many rules written by many different
folks...

it has already been pointed out that you are several years behind in the snort
engine version so i won't go further into that ;)