[Snort-sigs] SNORT version lifecycle

Hanson.Webster at ...3973... Hanson.Webster at ...3973...
Mon Oct 20 13:50:52 EDT 2014

I found something on line that for that error.

comment out the line in your snort.conf /similar/ to the
following...

dynamicdetection directory /usr/local/lib/snort_dynamic_rules

just place a # at the beginning of the line and try starting snort again...

I did this and I get a little further,  now I get this error:
[ Number of patterns truncated to 20 bytes: 324 ]
pcap DAQ configured to passive.
Acquiring network traffic from "eth0".
ERROR: Can't set DAQ BPF filter to '.T' (pcap_daq_set_filter: pcap_compile: illegal char '.')!
Fatal Error, Quitting..

From: Joel Esler (jesler) [mailto:jesler at ...3865...]
Sent: Monday, October 20, 2014 1:43 PM
To: Webster, Hanson
Cc: snort-sigs at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Snort-sigs] SNORT version lifecycle

Looks like you are running an old version of the preprocessors with a new version of Snort.

--
Joel Esler
Open Source Manager

On Oct 20, 2014, at 1:33 PM, Hanson.Webster at ...3973...<mailto:Hanson.Webster at ...3973...> wrote:

OK I downloaded Snort 2.9.6.2 and daq 2.0.2 and installed them .  I can get pulled pork to update the rules now, however I can’t get Snort to start.  This is the error I get:

Finished Loading all dynamic preprocessor libs from /usr/local/lib/snort_dynamicpreprocessor/
ERROR: The dynamic detection library "/usr/local/lib/snort_dynamicrules/web-activex.so" version 1.0 compiled with dynamic engine library version 2.0 isn't compatible with the current dynamic engine library "/usr/local/lib/snort_dynamicengine/libsf_engine.so" version 2.1.
Fatal Error, Quitting..

What do I need to update?