[Snort-sigs] Sig thought (wpad)

Jeremy Hoel jthoel at ...2420...
Thu Feb 13 13:47:39 EST 2014

You see wpad from the outside IPs to your DNS servers?  Is your DNS
reachable from the outside?  wpad is just something windows does by
default to any dns that it knows about, so I mean, it's not bad in
that sense.  I guess it would depend on the config of your DNS that
you are talking about.

We wrote a modify.sid to stop 2003195 from firing for wpad
(content:!"wpad";) but other then that.. we don't look for it since
our DNS is local hosts only.