[Snort-sigs] Proposed update to 1:28039

Rodgers, Anthony (DTMB) RodgersA1 at ...3985...
Mon Dec 22 16:06:48 EST 2014

Yup – we have our own temporary rule running pending Joel’s update.

Anthony Rodgers
Security Analyst
Michigan Security Operations Center (MiSOC)

From: Jeremy Hoel [mailto:jthoel at ...2420...]
Sent: Friday, December 19, 2014 23:07
To: Rodgers, Anthony (DTMB)
Cc: snort-sigs at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Snort-sigs] Proposed update to 1:28039

This was discussed this time last year and the answer was that since u.pw<http://u.pw> is still a pw domain, you should modify the rule locally to negate it.  It makes sense since allowing that domain is still going to be a matter of policy for where snort is running at.  It's pretty easy to do a modify aid to add the !content match and update the rule for you.