[Snort-sigs] R: no documentation about some rules

Maurizio Di Pietro (Esterna) m.dipietro at ...3944...
Fri Aug 29 05:21:12 EDT 2014

I speak about this documentation  <https://www.snort.org/rule_docs>
https://www.snort.org/rule_docs

And community documentation, the tar opensoource.tar.gz. A set of txt file,
one for event.

I looking for on virustotal also,  for example the event 23493
(Win.trojan.zeroAccess) but I’d like understand why the rule searches the 4
bytes (28,94,8d,ab) from fifth to eighth byte

I didn’t understand the rule. Does the malware contact the C&C by UDP on
port 16464 and send these bytes? Why? What does it work? This is very
important to understand if is a false positive

Thanks