[Snort-sigs] Snort rules snapshot archive?

JeeHyun Hwang jhwang4 at ...2642...
Tue Sep 24 21:07:33 EDT 2013

Hello, all,

I am the one who asked the same question earlier. Regarding to my question,
it's not course project or a list of projects given by instructors in a
university. I am individually looking for subjects (security policies
archive)  for my PhD research.

Thank you,
JeeHyun

On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 8:35 PM, <wkitty42 at ...3507...> wrote:

> On Tuesday, September 24, 2013 12:07 PM, Joel Esler <jesler at ...435...>
> wrote:
> > On Sep 24, 2013, at 12:04 AM, <wkitty42 at ...3507...> wrote:
> > > On Monday, September 23, 2013 10:05 PM, yordanos beyene <
> yordanosb at ...2420...>
> for the
> > >
> > > you are not the first to have asked about such in the last month or
> two... the
> > > answer then as now is that there is no such archive available... old
> version
> > > rules are removed from distribution when the old snort for them is
> EoL'd...
> > >
> > > it matters not what the purpose of the request is... it is simply
> impossible
> > > to fulfill…
> >
> > Which University gives this assignment out every year?
>
> i started to ask the same thing earlier... i have to wonder if both
> parties, this poster and the last one a month or so ago, attend the same
> university... it would seem that the instructors of those classes would
> also be participants in these related lists so that they would have at
> least knowledge of what they are teaching and asking their student to do...

Best wishes,
JeeHyun Hwang