[Snort-sigs] Snort rules snapshot archive?

wkitty42 at ...3507... wkitty42 at ...3507...
Tue Sep 24 00:04:08 EDT 2013

On Monday, September 23, 2013 10:05 PM, yordanos beyene <yordanosb at ...2420...> wrote:
> I am working on a reasearch paper to study Snort rules growth and its impact on performance.
> I appreciate if any one could help me download Snort rules snapshot for the last 5 to 10 years.
> Is there any archive to access such rules?

you are not the first to have asked about such in the last month or two... the answer then as now is that there is no such archive available... old version rules are removed from distribution when the old snort for them is EoL'd...

it matters not what the purpose of the request is... it is simply impossible to fulfill...