[Snort-sigs] Potential Vulnerability

Asiri Rathnayake asiri.rathnayake at ...2420...
Wed Sep 11 12:05:08 EDT 2013

Hello All,

I'm a research student from the University of Birmingham, UK. Me and my
supervisor have been developing a tool for detecting exponential runtime
vulnerabilities in regular expressions [1].

We believe we have uncovered a potential vulnerability in one of Snort's
rules and we want to communicate the details of the vulnerability to
someone within Snort (a personal contact).

It would be great if a developer / researcher from Sourcefire can drop us a
response.

Thanks.

- Asiri