[Snort-sigs] SIP scanner sig

Y M snort at ...3751...
Tue Oct 1 11:44:43 EDT 2013

Hi Alex,
Thanks for the information. However, none of the rules you mentioned did actually fire, nor production neither my test environments. That's why I thought I would write a rule for it. If you guys find out that it does fire on the existing rules, then just simply ignore mine.
Thanks again.YM

Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2013 11:38:19 -0400
Subject: Re: [Snort-sigs] SIP scanner sig
From: amcdonnell at ...435...
To: snort at ...3751...
CC: snort-sigs at lists.sourceforge.net

Hi YM.
we have rules that cover sipvicious, if those help. SIDS 27899-27904
thanksAlex McDonnellVRT

On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 11:17 AM, Y M <snort at ...3751...> wrote:

Caught this one live today. I can't share the pcap, sorry for that.
alert udp $EXTERNAL_NET any -> $HOME_NET $SIP_PORTS (msg:"INDICATOR-SCAN Sipvicious SIP scanner detected"; flow:to_server; sip_method:options; content:"User-Agent|3A| friendly-scanner|0D0A|"; fast_pattern:only; content:"From|3A| |22|sipvicious|22|"; metadata:ruleset community; classtype:misc-activity; sid:100051; rev:1;)

The sip_method may not be necessary to generalize the signature, any ideas? I can't download the scanner and verify at the moment.
Thanks.
YM

October Webinars: Code for Performance

Snort-sigs at lists.sourceforge.net