[Snort-sigs] Missing SID information on Snort site

MA Bel mab_generic at ...3751...
Wed May 8 15:24:15 EDT 2013

Again... SID 21545 is also missing.   I found this link, which points to a disabled rule (which I have enabled).
http://www.snort.org/vrt/docs/ruleset_changelogs/2_9_1_2/changes-2012-03-08.html
What's the point of leaving rule in the rules file if the goal is to never use it? Correct me if I'm wrong but this appears to be the motivation behind the removal of the related information page.

From: mab_generic at ...3751...
To: snort-sigs at lists.sourceforge.net
Date: Wed, 8 May 2013 18:14:03 +0000
Subject: [Snort-sigs] Missing SID information on Snort site

Hi,
The following rule was triggered by Snort. The corresponding SID number is 20437. I did a search on the Snort website, no results were returned. This happens from time to time with other SIDs.   Does anyone know why the information is missing from the Snort website?
alert tcp $EXTERNAL_NET any -> $HOME_NET [443,465,587,995,993] (msg:"MALWARE-TOOLS multiple TLSv1 Encrypted Handshake messages - THC-SSL tool, potential DoS"; flow:established,to_server; ssl_state:!client_hello; content:"|16 03 01|"; depth:3; detection_filter:track by_src,count 25, seconds 2; reference:url,www.thc.org/thc-ssl-dos/; classtype:attempted-dos; sid:20437; rev:2;)
/mab