[Snort-sigs] question :: interest in testing SENF preprocessor for Snort?

Beasley, Cam cam at ...2156...
Thu Jul 25 14:44:07 EDT 2013

all --

we've developed what we think to be a very efficient and effective Snort preprocessor for identifying SSNs, CCNs, MRNs (Medical Record Numbers), and other personally identifiable strings of data and we are wondering if there are any others who might be interested in testing this out with us.

we've been running this on Sourcefire appliances serving networks that steadily operate at 20+Gbps since 2007 with great results..  we've managed to keep the false positive rate extremely low and the preprocessor adds minimal load to the sensors -- plus it outperforms the existing snort dlp preprocessor by good deal.

we're looking for a few testers who we would extend a customer license to at no cost.  we'll help you get the preprocessor setup and we'd simply ask that you tell us how it performs for you.
we'd like to get at least two open source snort users and one Sourcefire user.

feel free to contact me offline if you have questions or would like to participate.

thanks,

~cam.

Cam Beasley
Chief Information Security Officer